Monday 23 July 2012

Cup#9- Differences in taste.. but learning to blend?~

Today I realized the other parts to traveling than the obvious packing, and physically preparing. Until now, I haven't thought too much about the things that might happen between my travel buddy and I and the other people I will meet.

A conversation with my travel buddy about when to arrive at the airport suddenly made to realize just how different people can be and how sure we are of what we know. I was firm about arriving at the airport 2 hours in advance instead of 3 because I know I will have plenty of time ( since I will be doing my check- in online). I was used to all this and it was completely natural for me to the point I thought everyone was like that. Silly me:P Turns out that my travel buddy and her family wanted to arrive 3 hrs in advance just in case.

For something so small, there can be difference. I know it's common sense to know that everyone is different, but unconsciously sometimes I assume what I think is what most people think.

Also,since we are traveling for so long and going so far away, decisions are usually not just up to us personally, but also our family...

Random note:
-Such a relationship reminds me of a marriage- it not about just two people, but two families and two inner cultures:P

Well these are things that I will have to slowly work out as I face them... can also be considered an exciting part of traveling?:P

- 07.22.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment